I have HPV pre cancerous cells can I still have a healthy baby?

by Rachel on April 18, 2011

I have HPV and I have pre cancerous cells they tried to freeze them but that didnt work they havent progressed as of yet but I want to get pregnant. Am i in a safe place to get pregnant or should I wait until it goes away?

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

~*Cuppycake*~ April 18, 2011 at 4:19 am

I also have HPV and pre cancerous cells and I just gave birth to a perfectly healthy little girl and few months ago. So I’d say you’d be fine but I’d talk to my gyno first.

ladyshiverz April 18, 2011 at 4:44 am

HPV..(human papilloma virus)
This shown one 1 of my smear tests i went on to have a baby… But after i delivered him prematurely he was misdiagnossed with a strider…. turned out that he papilloma virus down his throat evenually it killed my son… at 11 months old… i since have had another son born by C-SECTION and he is healthy the c-section limits the chance of infection to ur baby… there are websites about this… i am now pregnant again 11weeks and plan another c-section…
Please discuse this with your DR as it is well noted on the net that women who have hpv and have babies are to have c-sections …. if u need any more info on hpv please contact me… i will help u any way i can…
Good luck… xx

aabc44 April 18, 2011 at 5:00 am

this should be discussed with your dr (obgyn).
a friend of mine had the same, had the cells removed (whatever the procedure is) and after 3-4 years she conceived naturally a healthy baby.
I am not telling you that because of her condition, she could not conceive for 3 years; she was in school back then, and not planning of having a kid. What I am telling you is you can have a baby with your condition (well, after it is treated).
Generally, cancer is a cell disorder disease, it’s not a comunicable disease. But HPV turned out to be caused by a virus, so…and especially because it’s located near the reproductive organs, may not be a wise idea to get prego before taking care of it first.

But you need to ask the dr. for an informed answer.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: