What are the procedures when a male goes for a std test?

by Rachel on November 7, 2010

I been dating my girlfriend for 2 years, we have just decided we wanted to stat having sex. But befor we go all the way she wants a std test, Which I dont mind. But I heard they stick a big q-tip in your dick, is that true. If its not what do they do?

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

ev1go November 7, 2010 at 3:36 pm

They make you piss in a cup and you have to put a test strip inside your mouth that goes on your gums for 1 minute and it tastes very salty.

Ripose November 7, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Yes it’s true and it hurts like *#%^* crazy, but it only lasts a couple of seconds.

Sam November 7, 2010 at 4:36 pm

wow. 2 years? I would go for 3 or for marriage if you can handle 2.
If she is asking you to do a test then perhaps she does not want ‘it’ with you. Afterall, she made you wait for 2 years…..I dont sense any heat going on here.
Anyway, back to q……I would think a blood test would suffice. Call your local urinary clinic and ask them on the phone.

katkatanne November 7, 2010 at 5:00 pm

They squeeze your penis to get a specimen to test. I don’t think it hurts that much. Im not a guy but I am a nurse

gangadharan_nair November 7, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Diagnosis of STDs is done through a blood test and/or examination of secretions from your penis. The doctor will also examine your genitals whether you have been infected with crabs, scabies, yeast infection, genital herpes, genital warts etc.
Please see the web pages for more details on sexually transmitted infections.

Nicole November 7, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Blood tests are run from HIV and Syphilis.
Chlamydia, Gonorrhea are either urine or swab tests (done during pap exam – and yes, the big q-tip).
If you are concerned about HPV or HSV-1/HSV-2, you will need to request this specific tests because they are not normally run during a regular exam. A pap exam does not always check for HPV. Most doctors don’t like to do blood tests for HSV-1/HSV-2 unless there is physcial evidence (sores/lesions) that you have it.
HPV is done during the pap exam and again, if you don’t have an active outbreak of HSV-1/HSV-2 then it would have to be done through a blood test.
If you are worried about an infection in the throat like Gonorrhea, you have to request a throat culture. Chlamydia is considered rare to have in the throat so they won’t really do a throat culture for that.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: