What kind of doctor should I go see for genital warts?

by Rachel on August 24, 2011

I have a couple of suspicious looking bumps in my genital area. I’m not sure if they are warts or cysts or whatever. I would like to get them checked out to make sure they aren’t anything. Should I go to my family doctor (I haven’t seen in him in like 4 years)? Or should I schedule an appointment with a dermatologist or a urologist?

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Kelly M August 24, 2011 at 5:33 pm

It really kind of depends on if you’re a girl or boy as well~ if female see your gynecologist, you’ll get a pap-smear and be given the option to get checked for all common stds and hiv~ if you’re a guy then you see whatever specialist guys go to!

Terry Lintz August 24, 2011 at 5:50 pm

You need to boost up your immune system and your body will fight them off please check out this site it tells you all about it.


Susan V August 24, 2011 at 6:43 pm

The most important thing is you want to avoid contact with anyone else as they are warts they can be extremely contagious. Once you visit the doctor and if they can not help you with your problem I would begin trying to find a natural treatment to overcome your warts.

There are several of them available; however be sure that you find one that can get rid of the HPV virus that is causing the warts.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: